Monday, April 29, 2013

MATH: complete the Probability Entrance Pass for tomorrow morning discussions

SOCIAL STUDIES: Citizenship Global Issues Wiki begin to research information based on the guiding questions on PEEPS.  Research is due Monday May 6th.

SCIENCE: Flight Wiki (Structures & Mechanisms) and begin to work on the perspective you and your group have decided to focus on.  Build your realistic fiction graphic narrative using ONLY the research related facts that will support your perspective (approx. 12 frames).  

Business Day: PAST DUE reflection, answer the guiding questions below in your Student Business Day Blog:  "How do you feel about your company's performance during Business Day 2013? (success / challenges and how your overcame them)"

Music Monday preparation for May 6th: 




I.S.S. (Is Somebody Singing)
Music by Ed Robertson
Lyrics by Chris Hadfield and Ed Robertson
Used with Permission
On solid fuel and wires

Turn the key and light the fires

We’re leaving Earth today

This rocket’s burning bright

We’ll soon be out of sight

And orbiting in space

Prechorus 1
Pushed back in my seat

Look out my window

There goes home

That ball of shiny blue

Houses everybody anybody ever knew

Chorus
So sing your song
I’m listening
out where stars are glistening

I can hear your voices bouncing off the moon

If you could see our Nation
From the International Space Station

You’d know why I want to get back soon

Bridge
All black and white just fades to grey

Where the sun rises sixteen times a day

You can’t make out borders from up here

Just a spinning ball within a tiny atmosphere
Eighteen thousand miles an hour

Fuelled by science and solar power

The oceans racing past
At half a thousand tons

Ninety minutes Moon to Sun

A bullet can’t go half this fast

Pre-chorus 2
Floating from my seat

Look out my window 

There goes Home

That brilliant ball of blue

Is where I’m from, and also where I’m going to

Pre-chorus 3
Pushed back in my seat

Look out my window

Here comes home

What once was fuelled by fear

Now has fifteen Nations orbiting together here